the market becoming a little tougher for freelancers (yes, I've heard the grumblings
and I know it's tough out there for a lot of people), I wanted to give you a couple
of quick points to think about as we go into the weekend:
- Have you seriously looked at your sales/revenue recently, and are they up or down?
- Why do you think your sales/revenue have gone up or down recently?
- What steps have you taken in the last 30 days to grow or improve your message (surfing doesn't count)?
- If sales are slow, are there any past clients you could call on and see if they need additional work done?
- If things have gotten a little slow for you, are you using your time wisely by improving yourself or your business?
- Have you considered running a promotion to capture new business? Perhaps you let them pay in payments.
- If sales are slowing down, do you intend to ride it out hoping they'll get better or come up with a strategy to change them?
If business is a bit slow, hopefully after reflecting on these questions you'll come to the realization that you might have to change tactics. The market is tough out there, don't feel you're alone - we all feel it. The question is, "What will you do about it?"
steps will you take over this weekend to ensure you can bring some business in?
Take some time this weekend to get away from things a little bit, but try to do some outside-the-box thinking about how to weather this storm.
- My new hero is 75-year-old Grandma, Mona Shaw...or "The Hammer",
check out here story here.
PPS - Okay, the wait is over...fresh off the success of the BASAS book being available on the iPhone, we're going to go ahead and release Verbal Kung Fu for Freelancers on the iPhone as well in the next 2-3 weeks...I'll have more news next Monday or Tuesday.