What do you really offer or sell to potential clients, is it graphic or web design, or is it something else?
When you're meeting people or at a networking event do you feel they're eager to learn more about how you can help their business?
If you're getting luke-warm responses from telling people you "do graphic/web design", maybe your focus should be on telling people that you offer:
- The ability to attract new customers, better customers
- Confidence so you can promote your business without apprehension
- Having you stand out from the competition, bring out what’s unique in your business so you don’t get lost in the crowd
- Ability to charge more for your products and services
- Allow you to focus on running your own business. Allow you to get to those things you’ve never been able to because you’ve been pulled away doing this type of stuff
Bottom Line: No one cares that you do graphic/web design - go to any big networking group and you'll find that everyone and their Mother seem to claim to know web and graphic design. Differentiate yourself and focus on what clients REALLY want (the bullets above), they're what you offer/sell, how you do it is through graphic and web design.